Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, January 7, 2013

Fabric Wrapped Rosebud Tutorial

Today I am going to show you a quick and easy way to make a fabric wrapped rosebud! These little cuties look great perched on top of gifts, strung together on a necklace, or as earrings and hair clips!


Supplies
Scrap of fabric cut into a strip 
{mine was 5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide-depends on the size of rosebud you want}
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors
Felt for backing {if needed}


1-2//Fold both side of your fabric in towards the center of your strip.
3// Fold the outer corner down towards the bottom, creating a triangle.
4// Add a dot of glue.
5// Roll the outer corner towards the rest of the strip{towards you as your holding it}creating a little bud.
6// Create a small twist in the longer piece of fabric and start wrapping it around the little bud, glue in place after your twist. 
It was kinda hard to keep twisting and to take pictures, so I will do my best to explain.  
7-8//Basically you want to keep wrapping it around the center, but create a twist in the fabric as you wrap. After each twist, place a dot of glue to secure.

9// Once you've wrapped your length of fabric or have gotten to the size of rose bud you like, do one last twist to turn your fabric towards the bottom. Glue in place and cut off the access fabric.


Tada, your very own rosebud!

If you like, you can place a small circle of felt over the back for a nice, clean look.

If you get addicted to making these cute little things and your fingers have survived the hot glue, check out these DIY rolled flowers that I made awhile back! I've always had an abundance of fabric laying around, left over scraps and bits and pieces from projects...and of course who doesn't own lots of t-shirts?! Actually, if I'm being honest, my husband is probably the one who has lost the most t-shirts due to my creative itch, hehe! 

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

Leah said...

these are so cute! i have some spare fabric laying around and wasn't sure what to do with it.
this looks like the project i'll be using it for.

Sarah said...

Love! I was just telling my husband that I wanted to learn how to do these after seeing something like it in the store. Thanks for the oh-so-easy tutorial!

Angee @ October Morning said...

I love the fabric!