Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Loves on a Thursday-Homemade Coconut Scrub


I'm itching for warm weather, an uncomfortable need fresh air that doesn't knock the wind out of you itching. So in my attempts at inducing Spring I've been working at getting my feet ready for flip flops-yes, a little far fetched but whatever, I can do what I want...hehe...

There are a bazillion recipes out there for body scrubs, but I thought I'd share mine with you anyways. You can basically add any ingrediant as long as you keep the base of the recipe the same-1 cup or sugar and 1/3 cup of oil. I'm a sucker for anything that has coconut in it, so what-dya know I made a Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub.


What you'll need...

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1/3 cup shredded coconut


First, I softened the coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds, it just made it easier to mix. Then I added all the other ingredients to a mixer or you can use a hand blender, I seriously felt like I was baking cookies and every time I see it on the shelf in my bathroom, I want to eat it! There, you've been warned!!!

To use, just grab about a tablespoon in the palm of your hand and rub onto moistened feet or elbows, wherever you need a little TLC. I even like it on my hands, although it may be too rough for someone with sensitive skin.

Some other alternatives to the coconut would be, epsom salts or a combination of sugars, raw, brown or white. Try adding cinnamon or vanilla, maybe a zest of lemon or lime?! I've also made this with olive oil too!


Some other scrubs and DIY lotions I'd love to try...


-

Home Spa Recipes - Vanilla Citrus Sugar Body Scrub

Homemade Lotion

Yes, there's really bubblegum in this lip scrub!!!

And my apologies...I have not even made it around to check out all your loves from last week :( But don't worry I'll get there!!!!! Thanks for linking up with us!

Are you a Pinner? Etsy stalker? Blog hopper? Photographer? Have cute kids? Loving life? Always looking for pretty things? I would love to see what your loving lately!

Grab a button and link up your pretty finds!
Loves ona Thursday



PRIOR TO LINKING UP

Colleen and I would love for you follow us :) If you could provide a link back or display our button in your post, we would love that! And please credit the original source when using other's projects and photographs!






14 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

I can smell that scrub...yum!

P.S. Your linky is dated for next week. :)

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Ladies, I could just eat that body butter....so pretty.

Sarah said...

I'm making that coconut scrub this weekend. I'm a coconut fanatic and could probably eat it, too. :) My skin (aside from my face) has been seriously neglected over the last several months. But come spring/summer, I'm going to be bummed that I didn't tend to my alligator skin sooner. Great lineup!

shopwithpippa.com said...

Wow ... I am loving all these scrub recipes! I will pin them! Thanks for the party. pippa

Anonymous said...

I too am so ready for Spring! Thanks for the scrub recipe, I use a body scrub all year long, every Sunday as a matter of fact. Gotta keep everything silky smooth!

All My Happy Endings said...

Those look good enough to eat!

Unknown said...

i love coconut oil. it's all i use on my skin and hair now. there are so many benefits to it and it hydrates so well. sometimes i even use it in my food! (: thanks for sharing your scrub recipe! my lotion recipe is on my blog if you're interested. (:

love, x
blog | twitter

Unknown said...

That looks good enough to eat :)

Our first linky party is on at:

http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/03/ready-to-waltz-party-time.html

We hope you can join us!
Have a great weekend.

Dawnelle @ Just Dawnelle said...

Okay I've got to try that lipgloss with bubble gum that's awesome! Thanks for hosting!!

xo
Dawnelle

Unknown said...

these are so great. i would totally have trouble remembering not to eat the lip gloss!! :)

Unknown said...

As much as I want to use these products; I kind of want to eat them too :o)

Unknown said...

Yum! All of these look incredible (and yummy)! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing all of these they look good enough to eat! I am totally going to pin these and use them for gifts!

Leah said...

You really *could* eat that scrub, and I bet it would be delicious. I have all the ingredients, so I think I'll try it - I've been doing a citrus sugar scrub lately and I'm ready to try something different.