Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Valentine's Craft-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle


Sometimes I find it hard to create crafts that my boys actually like. Valentine's Day stuff is always a bit tricky-pinks and reds don't really find there way into our crafts very often-EW that's a girl color! So on one of my many daily adventures in Pinterest I saw some animals made from a variety of hearts and thought, hey, those are cute! And what animal are my kids crazy about right now-TURTLES! As in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! So voila....here we are....


The original plan was the turtle above, but since my oldest is very much-this is how it's supposed to be- we added a brown shell and the appropriate weapons...lol. I honestly was just happy he was making an effort!

Basically you just need construction paper, scissors, glue and markers. For the turtles body, use one large heart, for his head use a medium heart, 4 little ones for the hands and feet, and then I just cut out a piece of colored paper that was in the shape of a mask. We cut out a large brown circle and glued it to his back and then glued on a little tail too. I added googly eyes to mine. Grayson wanted to draw his on and then went on to draw the belt with the correct initial and then we also cut out weapons for the turtles using black and brown construction paper.


They turned out great and the boys have been playing all weekend with them! They even added sicks to them to make puppets!


Do you have any good boy crafts?

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: